Lent 2017 at Immaculate Heart
- Confession available every day before and after all Masses, also, on Fridays from 6.50pm until 7.30pm
- Stations of the Cross: Mondays at 6.30pm, Tuesdays at 7pm, Fridays at 6pm, Saturdays at 6.30pm.
- Public Rosary: 45 minutes before every 9.30am weekday Mass. Also, 45 minutes before Wednesday & Friday 12.30pm Latin Masses. Finally, on Friday evenings at 6.30pm. Volunteers to lead the rosary are needed.
- Lenten lunches on Wednesdays and Fridays (vegetable soup & simple sandwiches) after 12.30pm Latin Masses. Alms raised will be split between the Sisters of the Gospel of Life and the cleaning and repairing of the chalice and paten.
- Lenten talks on the faith every Sunday evening at 7.30pm. Buffet supper at 7pm. Monies raised from the buffet supper will go the two above causes.
- Catechism class on Mondays at 5.05pm in the chapel house. Led by Fraser Pearce. All welcome. Come and learn more about the Faith.
- 40 Days for Life. Pro-life prayer and witness outside Queen Elizabeth University Hospital (the old Southern General). Tuesdays of Lent. Parish minibus leaves at 10.30am and returns at approximately 12.30pm.
- SCIAF Lenten Alms Boxes are available for uplift from the parish hall. Please return by the end of the Easter season. The second collection on the 4th Sunday of Lent will also be for SCIAF.
- The second collection on all of the Sundays of Lent apart from the 4th Sunday are for the sick and retired priests of the Archdiocese of Glasgow.
Vespers & Benediction is on this evening at 5pm.
The second collection today is for SCIAF. The bishops of Scotland are asking us all to be extra generous this year because of the terrible famine in East Africa.
There will be a Mothers’ Day Blessing after all Masses today.
This year’s Deanery Mission Appeal will be given by Sr. Ella Flynn (Salesian Sisters) on 27th/28th May.
Donations for the flowers for Easter are needed – give your donation to Agnes.
Sponsor the weekly sanctuary lamps in memory of a deceased relative or friend, or for some other prayer intention. Give £5 and intention to John or Fr Morris.
To sponsor the church flowers please give £10 or more plus your intention to Agnes.
Parish lotto – see notice-board in hall for details.
Bingo – Wednesday 22nd February- total raised £205.
Sale of Work – Saturday 25th February- total raised so far £604.79.
The next soup run will take place on Saturday 6th May. Donations of men’s clothing, sandwiches, fruit, chocolate and cigarettes are needed.
The Parish Food Store is in need of your help. The Food Store helped to feed 8 people last week. Please bring your donations to the box in the church or to the chapel house. A list of suggested items can be found here.